Tips To Select Best Insurance Quote Online
Posted on: 15Jan,2016
It goes without saying that shopping for insurance is not most people’s idea of their favorite things to do or having a good time doing it. Fortunately we have the internet available for comparing different insurance companies and shopping for the best coverage at the best value. Whether you are shopping offline, i.e. talking with an agent in person or searching online for a good quote, getting estimates on insurance premiums should not be something you dread doing.
Fortunately, there are several tips that we can offer you for selecting the best quote online, whether you are shopping for auto, healthcare, homeowner’s, or life insurance. Finding the best quote is all about asking pertinent questions and preparing to discuss matters with an insurance agent. Consider the following tips:
Remember first and foremost that getting the best quote online requires answering certain questions and providing your personal information such as:
• a copy of your current policy
• VIN or vehicle identification number
• your driver’s license
Additionally, if you have had any accidents or have made any insurance claims recently, you may be asked some more questions regarding the circumstances involved. It is also vital that you let the agent know whether or not your vehicle is used for business reasons. You will need additional coverage if you do use your car for work and that will impact the price of your premium. It’s actually as easy as 1-2-3.
1) Start by determining the types of coverage options that you need – this is probably one of the most important factors involved in your search for the best coverage at the best value. The coverage you select will determine how much you pay for your policy. Knowing this, you should consider certain coverages over and above your state’s requirements for financial responsibility.
2) Look for all applicable discounts – whenever you are getting insurance quotes online or otherwise, look for any discounts that you can qualify for. For instance, many insurance companies offer discounts for combining your auto and homeowners insurance or when you are purchasing a policy for multiple vehicles. There are also good driver and student discounts available if qualify for them.
3) Take advantage of every perk – the better insurance companies typically offer perks for signing up with them. It’s a common marketing move in the insurance agency today and you will find that all the major companies typically offer perks when you sign with them and not some other company.
Regardless of the type of policy you purchase, the first step to getting the best coverage at the best value is to ensure that you are not overpaying and getting the best quote possible. Here are three things to keep in mind:
Purchase only the coverage that you need – there are all types of insurance that you can purchase including auto, healthcare, home, and life. However, despite the fact that they all differ by virtue of what they insure, they all have a common thread – you. So in order to get an accurate insurance quote, you should make sure that you only purchase the coverage you need.
For instance, when shopping for auto insurance, examine your policy and see if there is any coverage you can eliminate based on what you are willing to pay out of pocket. On the other hand, if you’re shopping for a homeowner’s policy, you should assess your home’s value as well as your personal assets. Finally, if you are searching for the best life insurance policy, you need to think about covering what you are currently earning and any large expenses that may be left for your surviving dependents to pay should you die.
Find an online calculator – once you decide on the different coverages you need, find a good online calculator, plug in all the information it asks for, answer any questions that it asks, and check out the results.
Research, research, and more research – contact 5 or 6 insurance companies and talk to an agent from each one. They will be able to provide you with a more accurate quote. You can search companies online or thumb through your local are Yellow Pages. Be sure you do not pick the cheapest quote as you may not be getting the coverage you need.